Thursday 28 February 2013

Designer Spotlight: Valentino



I am obsessed with Valentino the brand - I think they have some amazing pieces. The red dress phenomenon is case in point.
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
I was interested to know a little bit more about the man who started it all, so I did a bit of research and wanted to share with you what I found.
~
Who:  
Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani - Valentino to the world
 
Pinned Image
 

When it began:

1959 so it has been operating for 44 years!

The fashion house was opened in Rome on the ever so famous Via Condotti Street
 
Pinned Image
 
 
Images taken from Pinterest

Valentino will be 81 this year

Valentino on Net-A-Porter: LINK!

I think of the reasons I love Valentino so much is due to the amount of effort, detail and design that go into every garment made. I love that all his dresses are made by beautiful little Italian women who have 1 sewing machine between 50 of them. I've always thought that the price for his dresses makes perfect sense seeing as they are handmade, filled with amazing detail and are stunning to look at.

~

Below is the preview to the documentary that was made about Valentino and his life, it is so interesting and a definite watch if you’re interested in designers and the life they lead.

 
 

There you have it, a snippet into what I have learnt about the infamous Valentino.

Do let me know if you'd like to see anymore of these.

xoxo



 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!