Friday 23 August 2013

My Makeup Must Have's







Hello everyone, happy weekend to you!
Today I have a post all about my make-up must haves. These are my ultimate holy grail products, the ones I always have in my make-up collection, the ones I put on almost everyday, the tried and tested, and the ones I use when I am half asleep and need to get ready in a flash! So really they are my favorite of favorites!
Whooo, ok lets get into it! Disclaimer: I am addicted to these items so I wish to apologise for the state they are in, yes they are used everyday; therefore they are dirty, hitting pan and overall very loved!




Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector - LINK!
Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer - LINK!

~

First up, my two all time favorite concealer's. I sadly always have dark circles under my eyes regardless of how much sleep I get so I have been on the search for years to find a concealer that actually works! The Bobbi Brown Corrector is a gem, as it is a corrector instead of a concealer, which means it is made to do just that - correct discolouration as oposed to conceal a blemish. The trick that works perfectly for me is to always looks for peach / pink undtertones, as that counteracts the blue undertones in dark circles. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer is amazing, and cheaper too! I have found the most perfect way to apply it; I place it under my eyes in a v shape, then I leave it for a few minutes while I fill in my eyebrows. This allows it to sink into the skin as it is very thick, then it dries in an almost powdered form so I can just blend out the edges with my finger and volia! Dark circles? Where?!

 

Mineralize Skin Finish - Soft and Gentle - LINK!
Nars Bronzer - Laguna - LINK!

~


Ohhhh the highlighter, I don’t know what I was doing before I started using Soft and Gentle. This in on my face everyday! I am obsessed! It is such a beautiful product in itself, I tend to catch myself staring at it - and the best bit is that the amazing glimmer and colour of it does transfer onto the skin beautifully. I am in love with this product, we may get married one day and have soft and gentle babies.... slightly wired? Hrm nope, I am obsessed and this will forever be my most used item, and will always be re purchased!

The Nars Bronzer in Laguna is one of those bronzers that have been hyped to hype-ville by the blog world. It is a great matt bronzer, but.... well.... I am sure there are others out there that do the same thing at a fraction of the cost. I am yet to find one however so I do use this everyday. Its used on me as a contour colour for my cheekbones and around my temple. Its a soft colour, easily bendable and no shimmer so it truly works as a perfect contour.
 
~






Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - LINK!

This foundation is my. all. time. favourite. foundation.

yeah i went there.

Previous to using this I had Chanel's Perfection Lumiere and slight secret here - they are almost exactly the same! So at a fraction of the cost, and with slightly more coverage you can’t go past this beaut. It claims to have a anti-fatigue effect which translates to tiny particles of shimmer throughout the foundation, but once applied it isn’t noticeable whatsoever, if anything it gives you a 'glow'

I have already been through 3 bottles and I ain't stopping!



 
 

Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Pot Liner - LINK!

This is the best gel eyeliner I am yet to find. I have previously used Napolean Perdis but it dried up so fast! This one I have had for such a long time, it hasnt dried up whatsoever, is extreamly black, stays in place all day and isn't a pain in the butt to get off! It's lurvvveeee. I have used so much but it really is the gift that keeps on giving, and at its price point it is a steal!


Clinique Eyeshadow: LINK!

This is what I use to fill in my eyebrows on the daily. I have very very light eyebrows as my natural hair color is a light moussy brown, so to get a bit more definition I like to use a powder to add color and show the shape of my brows a bit more. Most eyebrow pencils and powders I have tried for brown hair have an almost orange undertone which I do not like at all! For brown hair like mine, you need to get a cool undertone color to ensure you dont get that 'oh you drew your eyebrows on today i see' comment/looks from people! This one is actually a Clinique eyeshadow that my Mum gave me years ago, but it is the most perfect color I just cant stop using it! It is a matt color which is the most important thing to look for, I love using an angle brush to apply it and having a spooly brush on the other side is great to brush it out to even the color!


 
Mac Lipstick, Cremesheen in Shy Girl - LINK!
 
Last but not least is my go to lip color, this is the lipstick I'll grab when running out the door, when I dont know what to wear and when I have heavy eye makeup on. It is the perfect nude, becasue it has coral / pink undertones it doesnt give you that look of concealer on the lips, but instead a nude that blends into the lips perfectly. I will always have one of these babies in my lipstick collection!
 
~
 
 So there we have it, my makeup must haves. Do you have any of these products? Will you be likely to look into them? Any of your makeup must haves you want to share? I am always on the search for more amazing must have products! 
 
Have a great weekend!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!