Tuesday 4 February 2014

Make Up Haul



I may just have the best Mother out there. A week or so ago I received a call from my Mum:
"I'm just in the chemist and all the makeup here is 50% off, do you want me to grab you anything?"
Ahhhh yes! Haha I got her to get me two items and then a few days later I popped in and picked up a few more things. 50% off literally makes makeup prices in Australia bearable so I stocked up on a few of my firm favourites and grabbed a few new goodies to try! 




Here we have my two favourite foundations. I swap between these two each depending on how tired I am, how my skin looks and what kind of coverage I'm going for. The Rimmel Wake me up foundation is an absolute favourite of mine, this bottle being number 4! It has amazing coverage, perfect colour selection for all year round and lasts all day on me. I have previously mentioned that I found it to be a dupe for the Chanel Perfection Lumiere, just a fraction of the cost! Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream is the perfect lighter option for me. I have only recently discovered this, with this one being my second tube. It came in one of my Her Fashion Box's and I enjoyed using it so much I went out and repurchased. It is great for weekends when you want to be done up but not make much effort, or for those really good skin days. I think this will also be the perfect foundation to travel with as it is a plastic tube as opposed to the Rimmel glass. 






This is a cream eyeshadow by Maybelline. It is called a colour tattoo and this one is called 'Inked in Pink' I own two other colours from this line and love them. They are perfect for days when you really can't be bothered doing too much to your face before walking out the door, but still want to look like you made effort. I literally just pop this onto the lid all over with my ring finger and presto its done! As the name implies - they . do . not . move!






And finally from this haul we have three lip products, two of which are re-purchases for me. Revlon Lip Butters.... oh sweet sweet lip butters. These bad boys are hands down my favourite lip products.... ever. Yeah I went there. I have about 10 different colours of these and am obsessed, I may need to dedicate a blog post just to talking about them. They are that good. I picked up 095 Creme Brûlée & 075 Lollipop. I lost my first Lollipop somehow and I actually completely used up my Creme Brûlée, which may actually be the first lipstick I've ever used up!  To describe them quickly; they have amazing pigment, a huge colour range that suits everyone, are a mix between a lipstick and a lip balm and they last throughout the day really well! 
The third lip product I picked up is also Revlon and its one of their Super Lustrous lipsticks in 440 Cherries in the Snow. This I have never tried before but have heard and read about in the blogging world for a few years so I thought I would give it a go! Its a red lipstick that to me looks almost pink; like if you wore it lightly it could come across as a deep pink, but if you applied it quite a lot it would be a red. Excited to give that one a whirl! 
~
So there we have it, a few makeup bits I have picked up recently, I hope it gave you a bit of insight into the products if your looking to get any. 
I am also interested to know, what are the products you will immediately go out and re-purchase, can't live without, use everyday? 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!