Thursday 6 February 2014

Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe

Welcome back to another food post!


So, each Sunday I make myself a batch of something that I can take to work for lunch each day. It makes getting ready for work in the mornings that much easier and my entire week that little bit less stressful, knowing I have something yummy, healthy and filling waiting in a container to grab and go is amazing. Each week it will be something different, from wraps, to baked salmon, to chicken and salad. Last week I decided I wanted to have Quinoa with veggies and so I ended up making my version of 'fried rice'
Let me tell you, it was deeeeelish! So I wanted to share the recipe with you all.
~
Ingredients:

1 Cup Quinoa
Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Garlic
Onion
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Sweet Potato
Corn
2 Egg Whites
Himalayan Pink Salt
Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Turmeric
~

Method:

Step 1: Place a cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water into a saucepan on high. Add in garlic, cubed sweet potato and x3 chicken stock cubes, once it reaches boiling put in onto low heat and cover
Step 2: Take out a large fry pan. Cook the onion until brown. Add in chopped broccoli, mushrooms, sweet corn, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, continually stirring
Step 3: Once the quinoa has puffed up and isn't crunchy to taste, add it into the pan with the veggies. Mix all together for a few minutes
Step 3: Move the mixture to one side of the pan and crack the two egg whites into the pan. Let it cook on each side then chop up using the spatula
Step 4: Mix everything together in the pan one last time then divide into 5 containers
Step 5: Enjoy a delicious lunch each day of the week stress free!  
 
 

Let me know if you give this recipe a go and what you think of it!
~
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!