Thursday 17 July 2014

Paris Travel Photo Diary Day #2

Hello there, welcome back!
As if you haven't already seen enough holiday snaps I'm back at it again with round two of Paris and its beauty.... enjoy / jouir!


The beautiful view from our hotel balcony - we stayed at The Prince Hotel, great location - simple but perfect room for what we needed, I would happily recommend!


The view from inside the Louvre 

 
Sphinx sculpture


My bestie who LOVES art (and is an artist herself) content learning the history 


Venus de Milo 


Mona Lisa

 
The view from the café where we sipped espresso



This painting is really special to me. When I was 16 I went with my school to Singapore and France. We visited the Louvre and I found this painting (which is absolutely HUGE by the way) and I fell in love with it. It was the first moment I truly appreciated art and the talent that it takes to paint something like this. I mean look at the depth to it - unbelievable! So this time going back to see the Louvre I really wanted to find the painting again to show Torz. We had our tour and didn't see it, then we decided after the tour to look around a bit more ourselves and just as we were deciding to leave I said I dont think were going to find it. We walked down some steps into the next room, I turned and yelled out oh my gosh there it is! lol. I then stood and stared at it again for an age! Its by Giovanni Panni btw. 


After the Louvre we walked along the river and crossed the love lock bridge - it is pure crazy as to how many locks there are here! We didn't put lock on but blew kisses instead! 





Paris is just so beautiful, every street is so lovely. It really has a romantic feel to it in all the architecture 


Notre Dame Cathedral - stunning! 




Loved the view from the back of the Cathedral 

 
We then walked to the Champs-Elysees for some shopping, macaroons and coffee


The Laduree store was just beautiful, defiantly recommend anyone visits whilst in Paris, its the first Macaroon store in ze world! 


I loved the greenery along the street too


So many choices!!! 



From L-R: Pistachio, Salted Caramel, Vanilla and Strawberry - all amazing! 



The Arc de Triomphe - the one road where no car insurance is valid and no rules apply! Cray cray!


 
Hello tiny people up there!


 
On the way back to our hotel we walked down the designer shops street - ooo la la! Here I am pretending like Chanel and I go hand in hand lol.
 
~
 
I hope you enjoyed these photos, here are my Day 2 in Paris tips:
1: WALK! We chose to walk everyone to 1 save money and 2 to see more sights! You really take in a city when you explore on foot and always end up seeing so much more of the little things like beautiful tucked away streets.
2: Again we booked our Louvre tour through Skip the Line which is amazing! No waiting in lines, personalised tour with not many people and great stories told about the artwork that I otherwise would have had no idea about! You can find the company we booked through HERE! Totally worth it!
 
~
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!